Based in Greater Manchester, UK
Renthal was founded in 1969 and are now the market leading manufacturer and brand for motorcycle and bicycle accessories globally, specialising in a wide range of control and drive components.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Quality Manager to join Renthal onsite at our Manchester, UK Head Quarters and Manufacturing site. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing the quality culture on site to meet the increasing demands of the business to meet future growth plans.
The successful candidate will become an integral member of the engineering team and will thrive working in a varied working environment.
To lead the development and implementation of the Quality Management System, ensuring that processes and manufactured products fully comply with and exceed demanding customer expectations in the supply of Safety Critical Products.
This position requires an individual who thrives working in a fast paced, complex manufacturing environment and relishes the opportunity to be hands-on. This is an integral role within an experienced and committed operations team.
- Overall responsibility for the Quality Management System and Procedure Manuals.
- Continually evolve best working practices and procedures to deliver ISO9001 excellence and certification.
- Recruit, support and develop QA and QC staff.
- Co-ordinate and support all QA and QC activities within the company and represent the site externally.
- Manage all customer quality improvement initiatives.
- Lead supplier quality assessments and improvement initiatives.
- Plan and control all internal and external supplier Quality Audits
- Manage Supplier quality conformity.
- Responsible for production test and inspection activities and resources.
- Lead process capability studies, process audits and improvements.
- Lead the Calibration of all inspection equipment.
- Co-ordinate environmental initiatives relating to product quality i.e. Prop 65
- Champion root cause analysis and preventative actions.
- Participate in senior management reviews, directly influencing the business plan and key performance indicators.
- Lead the MMT and SMT Quality Management review meetings.
- Lead the Corrective Action meetings, supplier Corrective Action activities, Operator Toolbox talks.
- Preparation of Operational working documents, SOP’s, process flow diagrams, control plans and care points.
- Lead the training function, developing standards to be achieved and supporting the production management team in delivering training.
- Actively support New Product Development activities
- Lead the implementation and sustain development of APQP.
- Engage is preparation of PPAP and FMEA documents.
- HNC or Degree level qualification or equivalent in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, Production Management, Business Administration a relevant field. Applicants with time served apprenticeship would be welcomed.
- Qualified Auditor, preferably a Lead Auditor
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of a fast-moving Engineering environment, preferably automotive or aerospace
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality Management Systems, particularly ISO9001:2015
- Working knowledge of relevant software tools and computer literacy (MS Office, ERP systems)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Data collation and analysis
- Well versed in modern problem-solving tools, 8D, 5 Whys, Ishikawa etc
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, root cause analysis and Action planning.
- Excellent communications skills
- Report writing, excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a quality management role
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Confident, energetic, resilient
- Trustworthy, honest, and conscientious
- Ability to work and build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Self-starter with a positive approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Confident to represent the company to outside organisations including customers, regulatory bodies.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 24 days holiday
- Early finish on a Friday
- Salary dependant on the level of experience
- Staff discount on Renthal components
- Pension Contributions
- Long service awards
- Secure parking (Car, Motorcycle and Bicycle)
- The opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand
To express your interest in the role of Quality Manager, please contact Chris Harries on 07494033281 or email@example.com