Design Engineer - New Product Design
Based in Greater Manchester, UK
Renthal was founded in 1969 and are now the market leading manufacturer and brand for motorcycle and bicycle accessories globally, specialising in a wide range of control and drive components.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Design Engineer to join Renthal onsite at our Manchester, UK Head Quarters and Manufacturing site. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing new products to fit in the Renthal range of championship winning and class leading motorcycle and cycle accessories.
The successful candidate will become an integral member of the engineering team and will thrive working in a varied working environment.
The position requires an individual who will managing multiple projects and has the ability to engineering new and exciting products from conception to production. The varied nature of this role will require you to be involved in research, design, prototyping, development, testing and production. You will need to have the ability to think on your feet, re-prioritise quickly and problem solve. Meticulous organisation will be crucial, along with a good sense of humour.
- Researching, validating new product opportunities and developing new, exciting products used in safety critical environments.
- Take ownership of the product development systems, pushing new projects from concept through to launch.
- Ensure all product designs are fit for purpose, meet or exceed customer expectations, achieve cost targets and meet all regulatory requirements.
- Design and manufacture prototype parts for testing using current production machinery.
- Assist the Production Engineering Development team in the implementation of new manufacturing systems.
- Operating all in-house testing systems for verification of new product design and other R&D activities.
- Control of new part data within the ERP system.
- Leading DFMEA reviews of new and existing products.
- Any other duties as dictated by the business needs that you are safe and competent to complete.
HNC or Degree qualification in Product Design, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant discipline.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in mechanical design of steel and aluminium parts and assemblies.
- Managed projects from initial concept to production sign off.
- Experienced in the use of 3D CAD systems, knowledge of different modelling techniques (Solidworks experience preferable) and utilisation GD&T.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Meet deadlines whilst working under pressure.
- Experience of leading group review meetings and presenting project information to colleagues.
- A passion for Off-road motorcycles, Mountain bikes or Street motorcycles
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business with over 50 years design and manufacturing experience, with excellent prospects for a progressive future.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 24 days holiday
- Early finish on a Friday
- Salary dependant on the level of experience
- Staff discount on Renthal components
- Pension Contributions
- Long service awards
- Secure parking (Car, Motorcycle and Bicycle)
- The opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand
To express your interest in the role of Design Engineer, please use the Apply Here button below or alternatively contact Ruth on 07773110411 or email@example.com